Monday 31 May 2010

Man of Faith Part Two

I know the first part was all about the season finale of Lost, but I won't go into that in too much detail because I know there are people who still haven't seen it and don't want spoilers.

However, I will say this:

I was satisfied with the ending on the island. I felt that after six years the right characters got the right endings for them. Except for a few a couple of episodes before the finale. That was just sad. The island ending had the real full circle approach with some beautifuls twists and touches, in particular the slightly cheesy but exactly correct use of Vincent the Dog in the final scene. The show, with all its "eye-open" starts in the series, needed an "eye-close" in the final scene just to say we've gone full circle and I was impressed.

I was less impressed with the ending of the flash-sideways. I guess it's all it ever could have been, but in retrospect we were told that it wasn't that (we, we were told the Island wasn't that, so I guess the producers didn't lie, more divert the truth). The scenes in the flash-sideways though were well written and, again, the nice touch with Ben remaining outside still not showing his hand to us whether he's truly good, bad or misunderstood was good. It was a truly bittersweet resolution for the storyline, and, in fact for the whole series.

If you want to know the whole story ehind Lost, here is someone with some postits (credit to @sequinedhat on Twitter for finding this just as I was writing this entry)
Beware of spoilers:


I was extremely not impressed with Sky and their "internal error" which blacked out the whole of the second part of the finale from 6am when I'd already watch the first hour from 5. That fucked me right off, although they put it on demand for us very quickly, which was nice. I guess.

So that's it. All the TV I watch is coming to an end. House must be approaching its final season soon. 24's all but over. Dollhouse only got as far as a second season. I need some new TV for my two weeks off work.

No comments: